Sunday, July 12, 2009

Well, 3 weeks finished and 3 weeks to go. I just really want to go home. I have not felt well for the past few days and now I am just really depressed. I really do not want to do this anymore. I would love to just leave right now and say forget the whole thing!!!

Thinking on the bright side: The best part about OTD has been my audiology classes. I have learned SO MUCH in such a short amount of time about the anatomy of the ear, the diseases of the ear, and how to read an audiogram to determine type and degree of hearing loss. That has been really fascinating to me.

The only other bright side I can think of right this second is that I am half way finished.

Tomorrow is total immersion day. That means that nobody is allowed to use their voice and we will be doing break out groups for ASL activities. That could be fun...........we'll see! Tuesday and Th. we have a normal day plus "Spotlight on Deafness" lectures at night. Those will be LONG days. No plans yet for the weekend except Sunday I plan to visit a local church that has a large deaf program. Next week is just a normal week and then the next week it will END.

I am looking for the light at the end of that tunnel!!!

2 comments:

  1. This will make you feel a little better...
    Tonight, in the car on the way home from Wilson, Silas said "we can talk to grandma on the computer tonight?"
    Chris and I explained that it was really late and you were probably already asleep but we could try to talk sometime tomorrow evening. He seemed ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie be encouraged and stay strong...God doesn't give us more than we can handle. He's going to get you through this and you will be SO HAPPY knowing that you didn't give up and leave before this journey was over. You will be able to see your family soon and I know that they will all be happy to see you. We love and miss you and remember you're still my facebook buddy;) Love you lady!!!

    ReplyDelete