Thursday, March 26, 2009

So Many Things

I have to be one of the most blessed women in the world. Last week I spent all day Th and Fri with my sons and their families and it was the most amazing experience. I just can't even put into words how amazing it was to me to sit back and watch my boys do what they do and just soak in the joy of being a mom and a grandma. Just amazing!!

It's also amazing to me how good God has been to me in my marriage. Mark and I were SO YOUNG when we met and married. When I look at 16/17/18 year olds now and try to imagine some of them doing what we did......I can't even fatham it. I just know God was in it for us and I am so thankful that here we are almost 30 years later looking back at a life so blessed.

And the cool thing about it is I am only 46 years old.....I have, potentially, another 40+ years left!! It's exciting to me that I was able to raise 2 amazing sons--who are now amazing husbands and fathers; have 2 beautiful and amazing grandchildren (and more to come)............and now with all that behind me (and ahead of me) I am working towards my Master's (which I will have in another 17 months) and an amazing career.....doing almost exactly what I thought I wanted to do WAY back in the 8th grade. MAN, God has really brought it all together for me!

And yet, there are days when I feel so frustrated and just like I can't go another day. I know my physical limitations play into that.....but I hate that it happens. But I think it is that which keeps things in perspective for me. I realize that all that I have and all I am able to accomplish is from God because because I am certainly not strong enough on my own strength!!

I must admit I will be very happy when I get through school (and this being the last degree I plan to pursue). I thought I would get this Master's, get the job, and go back for my 2nd MA in Marriage and Family counseling. I have decided I just don't have that in me. If that is to be, God will have to throw it in my lap because I just don't see it happening. BUT, I never would have guessed 5 years ago that I would have gotten THIS far in this short amount of time....so we shall see!!!

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that you were 46~!!! My dad will be 46 on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete