Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just for today....

This has been a lovely day. It has rained all day and has been very windy but such a lovely day! It is Veteran's day and I didn't have to work. Mark decided to take the day off with me. We slept late.....I woke up early and read for a while and went back to sleep. That "after I wake up and read" sleep is always the BEST!

After we got up and got showers we went out for coffee and went to Best Buy. We are loooking at getting a small TV for our exercise room. It will also double as a TV for the play room (which is also our guest room). Mark is touching up the paint in those 2 rooms and painting the door that separates the rooms. I want to clean off the shelves and re-organize in there. But one thing at a time!!

I have been really trying to just live in the moment....just enjoy the time to do nothing. I have been feeling really overwhelmed with work and school (as a combination) and really feel like I have been just "spinning wheels". That is hard for me because I am normally very much on top of things....especially at work. I feel like I am working myself to death and accomplishing nothing. I know in my logical mind that this isn't true, but emotionally I am struggling!

I'm getting down to "crunch time" with this semester. It has been a slack and disorganized semester, but the work still has to be done, and I have not been on top of it as I should be. Three more weeks before semester break. I really need to buckle down. I will get it done (I always do) but in the meantime....argh!!

But today...just for today at least....I will relax and will enjoy a moment of freedom. I will live in the moment. I will relax. I will enjoy the rain and the peaceful feeling it brings. Just for today I will just.....be.

No comments:

Post a Comment