Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 2 at OTD

Today at OTD I had my SLPI and my personal interview with the director of the program, Dr. Cecil Bradley. My schedule looks pretty good. I will be assigned to an ASL class (by level based on the results of today's eval) and will have ASL from 8:45-10:45 for the next three weeks and then 9-12 the last 2 weeks.

I will have Audiology classes from 11-12 the first 3 weeks as well as 4:45-5:45 the 2nd 2 weeks. We have classes every day all afternoon with Dr. Bradley on deaf specific Rehab issues (such as placement, voc. evals, counseling, late-life deafness, deaf/blind, impact on deaf with employment, psychological and psycho-social issues, etc. etc. etc.!!! Also classes and lectures on community resources, education for the deaf, utilizing interpreters, deaf history and culture.

We will also be taking some "field trips"......been a long time since I've done that!!!

Research proposal presentations tonight!! Been studying for the exam........which is Wed.

As for my personal life....well, I don't have one right now. I need to call someone who knows me outside of school life....hmmm. Mark is on the road pushing it hard today. Not sure where he is trying to get to by tonight but I know he wants to be in Louisville by tomorrow evening sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment